A Vision of DiscoveryOne Dynamic Workshop, Four Sites
Presented by NASA's Discovery and New Frontiers Programs
Real-world science. Captivating activities. Collaboration with colleagues.
Spectacular never-before-seen images from our solar system arrive at NASA from missions including Dawn, MESSENGER, and soon, New Horizons. These amazing spacecraft are celestial detectives, traveling vast distances to find answers to age-old questions and revealing how our solar system formed and evolved.
- See fantastic new images of Mercury: MESSENGER
- View incredible detailed photos of asteroid Vesta: Dawn
- Prepare for the first ever close-up images of Pluto and the Kuiper Belt: New Horizons
Hear the latest updates on these exciting missions, then learn how to use the elements of art to engage students in the appreciation and interpretation of NASA imagery. Inspire and energize your students with fun, compelling activities that help them analyze and understand science images through art.
All Four Sites Include:
- Special Speakers
- Dr. Bonnie Buratti, Participating Scientist on Dawn
- Dr. Nancy Chabot, Instrument Scientist for MESSENGER's Mercury Dual Imaging System
- Dr. Ralph McNutt, Principal Investigator on New Horizons Pluto Energetic Particle Spectrometer Science Investigation (PEPSSI)
- Monica Aiello, Planetary Artist and Educator
- Hands-on, standards-aligned activities and multimedia
- For both K-12 and out-of-school time educators
- Break-out sessions at varying grade levels
- Resource Packets
- Containing mission activities for all grade levels, links to great on-line interactives, your own copy of Space School Musical, and other cool goodies – trading cards, bookmarks, stickers and more!
Can't make it to one of our workshop sites? Watch the special speaker presentations over the Internet through our free webinar!